The Texas heat is no joke this summer. If you plan to head out to the Trinity Trails, here are some tips to staying healthy and hydrated!
- Drink water throughout the day (even when you aren’t thirsty!)
- Pack a reusable water bottle for outdoor walks, runs or bike rides
- Add some flavor to your water (lemon, lime, cucumbers, etc.)
- Dress light (light colored, loose fitted clothing)
- Limit your pups outdoor activities and always check the pavement before taking them on a walk
- Use our Trinity Trails Interactive Map to find drinking fountains, misters and pavilions
- Plan your time outside during the evening or mornings
Please stay safe, and remember if you are out in the heat and start feeling ill, call 911.